Founded in September, 1981 by Jim King, the firm registered as an Investment Advisor with the SEC in 1982, and began offering financial advice on a fee basis. It was one of only a handful of such firms in the S.F. Bay Area doing so at that time. The first employee was hired in January, 1982, and the first professional associate joined two months later.
Fee Based Pioneers
The firm grew rapidly, with several new associates and staff being added over the ensuing five years. In addition to fee financial planning, associates also sold investments and insurance products during this period, which accounted for much of the dramatic growth. With the passage of the Tax Reform Act of October, 1986 the strategic direction of the firm shifted. While still continuing to offer fee financial planning as before, the firm added fee only investment management to replace investment product sales.
Future is Secure
In 2008 Scott Horton joined the firm beginning the evolution to today’s ensemble team of advisors. In 2012, Justin Dodson joined as a Senior Financial Advisor, followed by Olivia Moore-Jones and her clientele in 2014. Jessica Schafer joined as a Financial Advisor in 2016, bringing the team to five advisors. The firm has thus assembled a multi-generational talent stack, planning and positioning itself well for the future.
Our mission is simple and has been for over 35 years; we help our clients achieve their life goals through personal financial planning, and institutional quality investment management. We manage our clients’ finances, so they don’t have to worry.
The most important consideration in selecting a financial advisory firm is that firm’s principles. Compatible principles are essential for satisfying, continuing relationships, which depend on mutual trust and respect. Our key principles include the following:
- We act with integrity and honesty in all that we do.
- The needs and interests of our clients shall always be our first and foremost consideration.
- We aim to provide exceptional service and personal attention.
- We want to be seen as a valued partner in all our client and business relationships.
- We are transparent in our compensation.
- Superior results come from establishing and adhering to appropriate investment strategies over the long term: they do not come from chasing short-term results.